Hendrickson Method Institute
The Hendrickson Method Institute, formerly known as The Institute of Orthopedic Massage, is a California state approved vocational school (since 1997) that offers advanced training in massage and manual therapy. Dr. Tom Hendrickson, Founder and Director of the Institute, has been teaching bodywork in the Bay Area since 1976.
Through its programs, the school offers massage therapists, bodyworkers, and other health care providers the opportunity to learn how to use Hendrickson Method to confidently and effectively treat acute and chronic pain. Classes focus not only on clinical skills, but also on the development of students’ inner awareness of body, mind, and spirit, to allow for greater healing energy to flow through their work. Our graduates report increased success in their practices as well as enhanced personal vitality as direct results of their training in Hendrickson Method.
Values of the Hendrickson Method Institute
- We believe that clinical skills must be developed hand-in-hand with the expansion of our capacity for compassion and kindness.
- We are committed to engaging in spiritual practices which support our work.
- We are committed to working to heal ourselves and others.
- We continually seek to express the science of healing through effective therapies and trainings that serve us and others.
- We adhere to the code of ethics and standards set forth by the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, the American Massage Therapy Association, and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- We care for the environment. HMI and the Hendrickson Clinic have been recognized as Bay Area Certified Green Businesses since 2009.